February 13, 2014

Procrastination & Where to Begin!



Hello Internet!

So back in August I was very excited to be engaged but for some reason didn't realize until a month later that it meant I had a wedding to plan!!! So in true procrastinator fashion I decided to research what books to buy instead of actually doing any wedding research! Then after 3-5 business days and a quick scan of my new books I came to a gigantic realization:



Planning a Wedding is a HUGE Undertaking!


And here I thought it was just a big party. This big wake up call is part of what lead me to start this blog. I know I am not the only one feeling a bit overwhelmed by this and since I no longer feel like I am drowning in a giant elegant pool of Charmeuse and Tussie-Mussies, I want to try to help anyone else out there who may be lost. Plus if I blog about it each week it will keep me on track in my own planning. I am by no means an expert on weddings, but I have found a lot of gaps in resources on the web that I can fill in. For example, I know I need to pick out a dress and apparently a ball gown is good for my body type, but how do you pick one with so many?! How am going to afford it? What the heck is a Chuppah, and do I need one? How do I find my wedding style, and still make my family happy? Everything I found just gave me a list to choose from, but not how to make a good choice for me!









Here is where I began:
After perusing amazon and reading review after review, I bought these 2 books:


The Wedding Book

BUY THIS BOOK! oh sorry... BUY THIS BOOK!
I found it used for only $4 Including shipping!
The reason I love this book so much is it gives you everything you need to know about planning small get together, a ridiculous over the top wedding, and everything in between! It goes over every single detail so you son't miss anything that you don't want to miss. This makes it very easy to pick and choose what you want, or want to spend extra on. So say you want to scale back on the flowers because they are not really your thing, but you know that you really want to splurge on the cake, then skip the flowers chapter and read the entire chapter on the cake. It is as easy as that!


The Knot Ultimate Wedding Planner & Organizer [binder edition]

This was small splurge on my part and cost about $20 new. It has all the checklists and worksheets that you can get for free on the knot's website but I am a pen and paper girl so I couldn't pass this up. This is also a really great companion to The Wedding book since it has all the basic info and checklists. I learn from the wedding book and take notes in this binder. This is also a great resource to double check that you didn't leave anything out. This is what I use to stay organized and not lose my mind!

Since buying these books I now have this whole thing down to a carefully planned stress free schedule! It look me a few months to get my act together, but now, I GOT THIS! And so can you! Hang in there and I hope I can help you along the way.



So tell me ladies: What was your turning point where you finally realized you had this in the bag!


You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...