July 10, 2014

Snickerdoodle Cupcakes



Hello Internet!
I have another take a break post for you guys today! It is fitting since I have not done any planning myself for a few weeks! I am having a venue dilemma, launching an Etsy shop in a week, and trying to keep up with regular life stuff so I have been stretched a little thin. This week I am going to share with you how to make the lovely cupcakes above!

These cupcakes are always a hit and I have lost count how many times I have made them! The original recipe comes from Martha Stewart and can be found here: LINK!

First you need to gather your ingredients!


You will need:
1½ cups all-purpose flour
1½ cups cake flour sifted
1 tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 cup (2 sticks) butter at room temperature
1 ¾ cups sugar
4 large eggs also room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1¼ cups almond milk
1-2 Fun beverages of your choice because you can!

The almond milk is a change I made because I can't have regular or soy milk. I think it also adds a nice subtle almond hint. I have noticed that people who don't eat milk or eggs for non-allergy reasons are more likely to cheat their diet and eat one because of this little change!

























Now gather up all your dry ingredients and sift them all together!
Dry Ingredients to sift: Both Flours, Baking Powder, Salt & Cinnamon.

Now Throw all your wet ingredients (not including the milk) in another bowl and mix until all fluffy!
Wet ingredients to mix: Butter, Sugar, Eggs & Vanilla.

Okay now you should have a bowl of dry mixture and a bowl of wet mixture. Slowly alternate adding a small scoop of the dry mix then a small amount of milk (1¼ cups total) to the bowl of wet. It might sound complicated but I just turn my kitchenaid on low with the wet mixture in it and add a ¼ cup at a time back and forth of dry mix and milk until I run out of both. 

Once it is all mixed up you will end up with a fluffy batter that tastes like magic and looks like soupy sand. Scoop that into baking cups with a big spoon and bake them for 10 minutes, rotate them in the oven and then bake for 10 more minutes. You know they are done when you can stick a toothpick in the middle and nothing sticks to it when you pull it out.

TA DA! And they taste as good as they look! I frost them with a butter cream frosting, sprinkle on a little cinnamon and bake little snickerdoodles to put on top. 
(I would say that it is optional to frost and bake cookies to go on top, but it really adds to the magic and look so don't skip that part!)

Here is a snickerdoodle recipe if you need one:

And here is the frosting recipe I use:
⅔ cups white vegetable shortening
⅓ cup butter, softened
1 pound powdered sugar, sifted
¼ cup heavy or whipping cream
1 teaspoon clear vanilla
Basically add each of those ingredients in order one at a time mixing a lot in between adding each and you end up with awesome frosting magic!

So take a break this weekend and bake some cupcakes! You deserve it!
Don't forget to bring me one!

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...