August 21, 2014

Off Topic - Grand Canyon Vacation



Two weeks ago I wrote a post about making sure to set aside some you time. I had also mentioned that I was currently on a trip to the grand canyon, so I thought you might want to see a few pictures from the trip!

We had a great time on our vacation and also a work out! and sunburn... OUCH!



Looking back the most amazing part of it was how enormous the grand canyon is. I knew it was going to be big, but I didn't really realize it until I saw it myself.



We did 2 trails while we were there one of the trails took you through all the layers of rock and through time with it. The rock above Larry thought would make really cool kitchen counter tops :)



The other trail we did was quite the hike! It was the bright angel trail, named after one of the many types of rock in the grand canyon. We hiked about 2 miles total. The mile back all uphill was brutal, but a good work out!



I had a Beet, Blue cheese, Bacon burger and it was weird yet delicious!


We stayed in Flagstaff while we were there so with the crater being so close we took a tour there. It was cool and kinda cheesy so it was fun!



Larry's grandma had told us while we were there to make sure to get a Navajo taco so we also tried to hunt down some place that had them. After a quick Yelp search we found a place and it just so happened to be where Guy from Diners, Drive ins, and Dives had a Navajo Taco! The photo on the Left is the Navajo Taco and the right is stuffed sopapillas which was also AMAZING! Both featured Frybread with different combinations of Mexican food ingredients.

Overall it was a super fun trip and a great break from the usual! If you get a chance I would highly recommend seeing it all, but maybe not driving there from Napa. We were really sick of being in the car by the end of the trip!

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...